- Scalable: The Kitchen Coop production facilities represent the state of the art in flexible, scalable food manufacturing. Our 6 production areas range in size from 324 to 1800 square feet to accommodate companies at different stages of growth.
- Accessible: Each of our production rooms is directly accessible to our warehouse to provide easy movement of materials, finished goods and equipment. An oversized door for each production room allows producers to work from palletized raw materials and back to pallets for finished goods.
- Flexible: Our production rooms have ample electricity of both 120 & 208 V (3ϕ), natural gas, compressed air and water. All utilities are outfitted with quick connections to facilitate changeovers and sanitation. FRP walls, washable drop ceilings, floor drains and a portable high pressure washing system make post operative sanitation fast and reliable.
- Equipped: Much of the equipment at The Kitchen Coop is transportable so clients can configure their line to optimize production efficiency. Our equipment list is being updated continuously, so please contact us to see if the right equipment is already onsite and available. Clients are able to bring proprietary equipment that can be stored securely when not in use or rented to other clients to defray costs.
- Gluten Free: The Kitchen Coop is certified Gluten Free for production of gluten free products.
- Peanut Free: The Kitchen Coop does not work with peanuts.
- Allergen Control: The Kitchen Coop has a production rooms where use of the 8 top allergens (wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, eggs, dairy, fish, & seafood) are strictly controlled, and the room and equipment tested daily to ensure safe production of products.
On-site equipment deep cleaning and testing is performed regularly to ensure measured nut, gluten and other allergen levels below industry standards. The Kitchen Coop includes Allergen testing as part of Client HACCP training and plan development. The Allergen Control section of our facility has specially designed, separate air handling systems to prevent cross contamination
- Cold Room: The Kitchen Coop has a Cold production room designed for manufacturers of temperature sensitive products to produce and package their goods in a cost effective space. The Cold Room lacks utilities for cooking appliances and the associated exhaust systems, thereby reducing overhead costs. The Cold Room is also ideal for running most small and medium sized packaging equipment.
- Packaging Rooms: The Kitchen Coop has a two packaging rooms. These areas are designed for packaging product, applying labels, making cartons, and preparing shipments. The packaging rooms are not designed for food processing.
Third Party Certifications
- Certifications for Organic, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, GFSI (SQF & GMP) & Kosher may be achieved by Clients working with The Kitchen Coop.The Kitchen Coop prepares Clients for 3rd party audits and certifications. Each Client, during The Roosting Process, works through SOP’s, GMP’s, HACCP Plans, Batch Control Logs, Mock Recalls and other procedures required for 3rd party certification.
- The Kitchen Coop has received the highest marks from UL EverClean (Whole Foods Market), Randolph & Associates (Kroger & Costco), Earth Kosher (kosher certification), and the Colorado Dept of Agriculture (USDA Organic certification). The Kitchen Coop works under the framework of SQF Level 2.
- The Kitchen Coop’s fully equipped Test Kitchen is useful for new product development and for testing new processes.
- Equipped with a type 1 hood, tilt skillet, 6-burner range, combi-oven (convection + steam) and the utilities to use any of the industrial equipment used elsewhere in production.
Please contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org